View Single Post
Old 10-09-2010, 07:39 AM
dreamer2009

Originally Posted by justme2
Can I ask what one you'd buy if you had to choose? I make a lot of runners,throws etc.Very few bed size quilts.I like the 2 1/2" strips....but too cheap to buy the Jelly Rolls :)Also use 3 & 4" half sq triangles.Thanks for sharing.I like hearing from owners of whatever I'm considering.Cutting is starting to give my back fits.

Originally Posted by BellaBoo
I have the Go and ordered the Go Baby. It's certainly not a toy for me. It has changed my quilting. I get accurate cuts every time. I have very little fabric waste. When I read from naysayers is how much fabric waste there is, that tells me they haven't used one. Having both sizes of the Go is like having two sizes of a cutting mat, I don't see any reason not to have both. The die cost will equal out to pennies after many times of using them so I don't think of the one time cost. The product is well made and customer service is very good from all authorized dealers. I order from I Have a Notion and Bayside Quilting and AccucutQuilt website.

I have the AccuQuilt Go...
I also have a brain injury and this item has allowed me to do cutting that I can't do with rotary cutter because of brain. It literally has opened the door to the world of quilting for me.
I have about 15-dies also...love the strip cutters.
Have very little fabric waste because I have learned to gauge best sizes of fabrics to cut for die and if there are pieces that will fit another die they go into a separate pile and are all cut and boxed and labeled.
I got a super deal on everything because I went up on Ebay and contacted one of the dealers selling there and told them exactly what I wanted with all the extras and what would / could they do for me price wise...worst thing they can say is no.
Spent about $400. for machine/several mats and all the dies/there was even a book with patterns.
No regrets :)