Old 10-09-2010, 02:06 PM
luvTooQuilt

Location: A Hop from Heaven, a Skip from Sanity and a Jump from the Good Life....

We have 32 members participating and aprox 50 swaps... **** MEMBER SIGN-UP IS NOW CLOSED***

LuvTooQuilt is hosting…….5" I Spy charm swap,

Registration is open to the first 40 members or until 22 Oct, whichever comes first.

Each swapper will submit 40 squares of 3 (three) different Funky, child, novelty fabrics that you deem perfect for use in an I-Spy quilt..

Squares should be carefully cut from prewashed 100% cotton fabric. Keep in mind that your squares will most likely end up in a child's quilt. Select fabrics that will hold up to a lot of love, wear, tear, draggin', cuddlin', washing, and trips through the dryer. fabrics that fray easily, or that are fairly easy to see through are probably not good candidates for an I-Spy quilt.

Please be advised that squares that are not square, or those that are not the right size, will be returned unswapped.

Here’s how it works:

In your packet to me you will enclose:

3 Ziploc bags – In Each individual bag will consist of- same design - 40 count- 5" squares BUT… Each bag will have a different fabric than the other ones..

Example-
Bag 1/Fabric A: 40 squares 5"
Bag 2/Fabric B: 40 squares 5"
Bag 3/Fabric C: 40 squares 5"

*** Fabric must be washed, ironed and in ziplock bags for safe passage thru USPS

INCLUDE your screen name ON your package along with SET amounts you are doing

Example- I would like to do two sets so, written legibly with a sharpie marker or pen, my Ziplock bag will have

luvTooQuilt X2

Please remember that each stack in each set should be cut from a different fabric. Please do not send more than 3 sets***

***3 sets mean that you would send 40 from 9 different fabrics for a total of 360 charms.

Also in your package INCLUDE a return address label, an empty envelope exactly like the one you used to send, and return priority postage. Please remember that if you do not send enough return postage i will hold them until you send the difference. After 30 days, i will donate the unclaimed squares to charity. (PM me for international info)

I would like to have these in hand no later than 10/29 (so with a post mark no later than 10/23- that should give the USPS ample time to deliver them to me plus a day or two grace period.) International members need to send them to me sooner- PM for details

Please remember that any packages received after 30 Oct will be automatically returned unswapped.

I will then sort and mail out squares on Nov 1st.

Please PM me your address, board name, how many sets you're doing and aprox when you plan ship your package so I can add you to the list and send you my mailing address.

We all look forward to seeing and swapping the funkiest, oddest, cutest, child's novelty fabric you can find.. I dare you!!!!

Happy quilting everyone.