View Single Post
Old 10-09-2010, 07:27 PM
madamekelly

Originally Posted by madamekelly
I woke up early this morning, feeling alive and pain free for the first time in months. Whooppeee! As I made coffee, my DH hands me a package and get well card. I was so impressed by his gift, I am typing with tears in my eyes. All I have to do now, is figure out how to use it...I am hoping some of you can give me some ideas? The panel measures 36" x 44". and does not match the colors in my home, so it will be a gift to someone. For you to understand the gesture of this gift, you gotta know that while very helpful around the house, my DH is not into sewing. He says it is a foreign language, and he never learned it.
I am going to make the panel into a small 'art quilt' for my living room, by taking the suggestion, to remove the gold border, and do some kind of piecing in it's place. Thanks fore all the wonderful support. When I mentioned giving it to someone, I meant the local Lord's Table. They have a really wonderful program and I want to do something for the walls. The budget does not allow money for decor. (Just my thought, I can do something...)