Old 10-10-2010, 03:10 AM
Edie

Day before yesterday I was busy raking leaves, sucking them up into the Blower/Vac, bagging that, mowing the lawn, bagging that, loading up the van and then helping a neighbor load up our van with his leaves and branches. Yesterday I nursed an excrutiatingly painful hexenschus in my back. I couldn't take a step without wincing the wince of all winces!!!!! I brought out the tape player, threw in a good book (audio book), got out my thread (the spool that the dog decided to play with (an $8.00 spool of #40 thread for hand quilting) and sat outside in the most beautiful day and hand quilted. The neighbor came over with a bottle of Three Buck Chuck Chardonnay and we sat and visited and had a glass of the best darn wine - aka Charles Shaw - purchased at Trader Joe's! Actually, I had 1-1/2 glasses and she gave me the rest of the bottle - hey nice way to cap off a day, eh?. Well, by the time it was time to go in for dinner (which I never fixed) my back felt really good. I took the dog for a walk and locked up the house, made a sandwich for my husband and me and called it a night! That was my day yesterday. Another beautiful day today - 79*. Think I'll run over to the store and get some RediWhip and make a pumpkin pie for dessert. And that was my day!!!!!! Edie

PS - A Hexenschus is a German word for a miserably sore back - sort of the sciatic pain, mixed with "What in the world behooved you to do that much in one day? (You're an old lady, for crying out loud!" Usually takes about three days to get rid of, but in the meantime, it hurts to stand, sit and you get these god-awful spasms in your back. Thank heaven it feels better today. But not that good that I can't sit outside with my book, my hand quilting and the rest of that bottle of wine!!!!!!! for one more day!