Old 10-10-2010, 05:49 AM
raptureready

We now have several in our area but when I was a kid we grew our own. There are several around here that are very commercial but one (the one I shop at) is a family thing. The grandparents provide the land, the parents help with the saving seeds, planting, etc. However 90% of the heavy work is done by the grandkids. The prices are very reasonable, we got one large reg. pumpkin, two large gourds, three small ones, to huge ones, a medium size pumpkin and a really big warty/knobby one all for $14.50! The great part is that 100% of the money goes into a fund and whatever grandkids are going to college that year get to split it for their tuition/books/etc. Not only do I always go there but I've turned some of my friends onto it too. It's all done right there at their farm with the pumpkins laid out in organized sections on the huge front lawn. You can also purchase bales of straw for $3.00 and large corn shocks for $4. They have bunches of red wagons to pull around to put your pumpkins in.

If anyone is close by Champaign County in Illinois pm me and I'll tell you how to get there. I can't get email notifications for the next two months because I was deleting something and accidentally hit the "spam" button. OOooops!