View Single Post
Old 10-10-2010, 05:54 AM
GailG

Originally Posted by mpeters1200
Originally Posted by Kathy Edwards-Markota
I get quilting shows from early Sat, mornings until 12:30. But really miss Liz on Love of Quilting, does any one know what happened to her????? I have noticed that the daughter is on there now. "But where's the Liz"?
I've been DVRing them for ages. I only just started understanding what some of their shows are about the last couple seasons.

I am very saddened to see that Liz isn't on the show this season. While I appreciate Mary's newness to the show and has definitely increased the amount of showtime for people who are beginners (I've understood every show so far this season) I miss Liz. It's also odd that, since she is obviously such a huge part of the show and franchise, that they haven't said word one about what she's doing.

Last season, it looked like she lost a bit of weight, especially in her face. I wonder if she's been ill or something.

Almost makes me wonder how much mail they've gotten about it.

p.s. definitely miss Simply Quilts. That was a great show.
Simply Quilts is the one I miss the most, too. She had such a great assortment of guests who did all types of designing and quilting. I loved Bille Lauder and Dianne McClun and Laura Nownes. Also Mary Ellen Hopkins and of course Eleanor Burns always caught my attention.

I was at one of Martha Pullen's Sewing Schools when Alex was a guest speaker. She had brought tons of quilts which she passed around for us to feel and study. I also got to visit with her in her booth. Of course we have a picture of that. What left an impression with me about her quilts (except for the fact that her hand quilting was so great!) was that she just pieced pieces of fabric from her stash in big blocks (no real pattern to them) to make the backs.

Our public TV station has dropped all sewing shows. Boooo!