View Single Post
Old 10-10-2010, 06:21 AM
pab58

Stupid questions!! :shock: Stupid questions!! :shock: Honey, there are NO STUPID QUESTIONS!!! Now, am I going to have to give you my "Boys and Girls, there are no stupid questions" lecture!!?? :lol: My students now all seem to understand this concept. Be brave and jump right in!! The water's fine!! Ask away!!! We'll be glad to help in any way we can. You're going to absolutely LOVE this group!! We welcome "stupid questions!!" :lol:

As far as your machine is concerned it all depends on what bells and whistles you want on it. I have a Pfaff that's about 5 years old now, and I still absolutely love it. Definitely get a machine that has the integrated walking foot (IDT in Pfaff lingo). I'm currently quilting an oversized lap quilt, and I'm having no problems. The next machine I buy, however, will have a larger opening so I can "stuff" all that quilt through it. :-) Sometimes I feel like I'm wrestling a bear!

There are so-o-o many machines on the market, and it's just a matter of getting as much info as you can, going to a reputable dealer (look for one that also provides lessons in using the machine you select), and then playing to your heart's content!! Good luck in your search!! Keep us posted as to what new machine you get. 8-)