View Single Post
Old 10-10-2010, 07:45 AM
craftybear
Google Goddess

very nice, you know that just gave me an idea, all of us quilting board members needs to make some Christmas decorations and ornaments and take to the local nursing homes!

Wouldn't that be great! Last year I dropped off some clothes, shoes etc. to them and they were so happy. The office manager at the nursing home sent me a thank you note and said they wished more people would think about the ones in the nursing homes. She said she also wrapped some of the gifts up for them.

We could also make some walker bags, small purse to keep kleenex and candy in for them, small lap quilts, lap quilts, etc.

Lots of ideas!

Originally Posted by raptureready
Right now I'm working with a group of ladies from our surrounding communities making large Christmas stockings for our troops overseas. Many of the young people that join the service have been in foster care--turned out at 18 with maybe not so many options. The service can be lonely with no family to get packages from. So, am I making ornaments? Not exactly but rather decorations from and for the heart for Christmas. We just make them then take them to another group to be stuffed with candy, soup, gum, toothpaste, toothbrushes, etc., and shipped. We aren't the only ones, this is being done in several places.