Thread: Light boxes
View Single Post
Old 10-10-2010, 08:46 AM
Rita's mom

First I just wanted to say how much I love this board!!! Everyone is so nice and so willing to help others and share all of their ideas and wisdom. I am fairly new here so I don't know if this is already old news, but when I went to the local quilt show the other day a lady at one of the booths was selling a wax for the acrylic sewing tables that fit around your sewing machine to raise up a flat area around your machine and reduce drag on what ever you are quilting. (sorry I have had mine so long I'm not sure what is called anymore) anyway she also slid one of the round halogen tap lights under the table and tapped it to turn it on. It made a perfect light box if you need to trace something for applique it worked perfectly and wouldn't take up a lot of space to store like a light box would. I think they sell the lights at Lowes and Home Depot maybe even Harbor Frieght! I love the carpet blade hint! I now have 3 pkgs. :thumbup: Just thought I would put that out there and see if anyone else has heard of this. :-)