Old 10-10-2010, 11:52 AM
bluekrissyspikes

for winter squashes i usually take the seeds out, then i add finely chopped garlic and onions to the center hole, pour a bit of margerine over the edges and bake until it's soft. then take the shell/skin off and mash it or fork it out depending on what kind it is. then i'll serve it either with bacon bits and sour cream on it or stir in a bit more margering and some parmisian cheese. super yum!
works with spahgetti squash, acorn, butternut, pumpkin, ect. pretty much any winter squash.

then there's a quiche which i always love. i don't use a shell for mine but you can easily buy one or use bread crumbs.
bake half a large squash.
prepare your choice of meat. i usually a small amount of bacon cooked to extra crispy. ham works good too. i've heard other people adding different meats but haven't tried it.
shred a bunch of cheese, i usually use marble or chedder. just about anything is good, and mix in about half a cup of parmisian cheese
finely chop 1 onion, a celery stalk, a red or green pepper.
mince some garlic. a clove or two will do.

mix 4 eggs with a bit of milk and half the cheese mixture.

grease a baking pan well. layer the veggies and bacon as desired and pour the egg mixture in. top with cheese. bake at 375 until it's done. i forget how long. the cheese on top will be golden.
this is my all time favorite dinner