View Single Post
Old 10-10-2010, 02:34 PM
pgthom

Just finished construction on this new sweatshirt jacket. Been dealing with insomnia, so worked on it until 3am the last two nights! Blessing and a curse I guess!! LOL.
Anyway, it is an interesting and time consuming pattern. Would estimate I have at least 10-12 hrs. in it to date. Like piecing a quilt, except when you have your top pieced, you lay the disassembled sweatshirt front, back and sleeves on your "quilt top" and cut it all apart!! Really illustrates the saying about quilting is all about cutting up fabric just to sew it back together!! In this case you do it twice!!
I wanted a little longer jacket, so put the wide band on the bottom and the turn back sleeves. Just pinned on some buttons I had which picked up the light cream in the flowers, but DH thinks it needs more bling. Will look at it for a while and then I will know what it needs. May do a little accent beading on some of the flowered areas.

Big pink patch has a couple cream flowers too, but the breeze caught it and turned it a little.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]114756[/ATTACH]

Inside shows the original sweatshirt. I encased all the seams and added a pocket from the leftover piecework.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]114760[/ATTACH]

Big brown patch looked naked, so I appliques the flowers on it. May add some beads to the flower patches for a little bling.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]114761[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-114751.jpe   attachment-114755.jpe   attachment-114756.jpe