Old 10-10-2010, 03:52 PM
Crossstitcher

Originally Posted by BoJangles
Originally Posted by Crossstitcher
Nancy, your 99 is great hope, you enjoy sewing on her. So I am finally putting pictures of the 99K we bought Wednesday. The woman that owned it had it stored in an old old bread delivery truck with piles of stuff on top might be why it stayed in good shape. It hasn't been cleaned yet just oiled and lube. Did try and sew and she sews like a (Singer). I might not keep it due to the fact that I have a Bel-air that is a copy of the 99K and has occupied Japan stamped on it.
Trish she is in great shape! She looks just like my other 99K, except my 1956 99K is in a small cabinet. I love the 99K's, and the Spartan's -- even though, I don't own a Spartan now. I still can't believe the little 99K from 1936 that I got yesterday is a 99K! It is so much fancier than any 99K I have ever seen before.

I'd keep that machine if I were you. My grandkids love to sew on the small machines, and those 99K's are perfect for them. Plus, your 99K has a stitch length regulator and it backs up. The one I got yesterday is old enough that it doesn't have the stitch regulator, nor does it go backwards.

What year is your 99K?

Nancy

My 99K was born Nov.23,1955.