View Single Post
Old 10-11-2010, 07:10 AM
KittyGram

I posted this pic a few months ago. It's for my granddaughter (who will be 7) for Christmas.

I entered it in two quilt shows, one of which was last weekend (Oct. 2 & 3) and the other is coming up this coming weekend (15th & 16th).

This is what the judge from the first show commented. I'm okay with what she had to say, since this was my first one in a show, and my 3rd full size quilt.

Best Feature: Flange is an excellent design choice to extend the color into the border. Decorative applique stitch hugs the motifs and is secure. Consistent MQ stitch length noted.

Improvements needed: Long seams should be straight. Outer borders would benefit from quilting.

Now, I THINK the MQ she mentioned is probably the long arm quilter - although I did the stitch in the ditch along the sashing and the borders. So maybe it's my stitch length that she was referrrng to. And Jodi, the long arm quilter, and I talked about the quilting in the borders, and she felt that it would be okay without them (3 1/2 inches wide, with cotton batting). She tried to quilt it, but had some problems due to some waviness (because of those seams mentioned above possibly????). Anyway, I may add some quilting to the borders after I get it back next week, for more reinforcement.

I will post again next week with the results of the second show! And since I will be attending, I will have plenty of pics to show as well!!!

Baltimore Bliss
[ATTACH=CONFIG]101017[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-101012.jpe