Old 09-02-2008, 07:37 AM
Shelley

Some people are all about the piecing. They love the finding of just the right fabric, and putting them together. My grandmother left this word with tons of quilt tops unquilted. Hand quilting was her only option, but she really loved to make the tops. She lived until her 80's, but her life was still not long enough to make all the quilts she wanted. I was a teen when she passed away. It would have been so fun to work with her as a team to turn those tops into quilts. I'm sure my aunts tossed them, since none of them knew how to quilt. How cool would it have been to have someone quilt them, and pass finished quilts throughout the family?

Remember, it's not a quilt until it's quilted!! How many tops do you have sitting on closet shelves, not warming the hearts (or bodies!) of anyone? Yes, there is a cost involved, but you've already started the process. You purchased a sewing machine, fabric, thread, rulers, cutting mats, and all the goodies that go with. Your full closets could be family treasures.