Thread: Scrap Rug
View Single Post
Old 09-02-2008, 09:14 AM
Elizabeth A.

Thank you for this. It's amazing, I have loved scrap rugs since I was little and we would buy them at auctions, they are not at all "cheap" so I've never "bought one" for my home now.

How big are the scraps that you use? Just whatever size you have? Can you show us what it looks like when your changing to a new scrap? Do you just sort of roll it in?

Okay... More... How fast do they grow? My mom tried to do this once, and ended up making it as a Barbie rag rug (which was the best Barbie thing I owned!) She said it took lots of fabric but your way with the cord doesn't seem like it would use bunches... How big will one coil of rope like that make? It seems like it wouldn't be hard to add another rope to it...

Would it be okay to start one and set it aside for a time as you get more scraps, or is it better to do the rope rolling and then all the sewing?
Do you use regular fabric, or upholstery fabric? Is that regular thread? It stands out so nicely... The ones I'd seen in the past used something else.

Thanks so much for posting this I'm bookmarking it right now!