View Single Post
Old 09-02-2008, 09:18 AM
burnsk

We used to make these ornaments years and years ago in girl scouts. Won't tell you how old I am, but believe me, it's been a long time. We used fabric or wide ribbon to make them (remember when ribbon was a stiff-like fabric on the bolt and you bought it by the yard). Some were round and some were egg shaped. Used to get that real wide ribbon at Frank's Nursery (may they rest in peace - I sure do miss that store). As a matter of fact, I just found an old bag of that ribbon, in a Frank's bag, in a box of old stuff in my garage and I couldn't remember what it was for. Thanks for the reminder.

That pattern is also very similar to the star hot-pad that my granny used to make. I'll try to post a picture later of the first hot-pad I made with her using that pattern. First I've got to find it. I was so proud of it that I wouldn't let anyone use it, ever. AND I still have it.

I checked out that website and I'm pretty sure that shes just referring to not copying any part of the site itself for personal use. It amazes me that she's getting the $ she is for her oraments. Her ornaments are nice but we all know how much they cost to make. WOW - I've been in the wrong profession all these years. Guess now that I've retired I should think about supplementing my meager income and make ornaments.