Old 10-11-2010, 01:12 PM
momymom

Originally Posted by QuiltDraggon
Don,
I don't know about your son's exact situation or what his branch or MOS is but I would bet once he gets in country he will be in contact with you guys. My husband just returned from a deployment and while he was in transit I didn't know where he was or any details but once he was in country I heard from him fairly regular. Deployments are so hard on the families, harder than on the soldier my husband says. I''ll pray your son is safe while deployed and that he'll return home to you all safe.

God bless,
Shannon
Jackson, MS
Your son will be in contact with you , don't worry. He will be able to call home free, should have access to e-mail too. My DH is retired military, and a civilian contractor. He was able to keep in touch regularly. Make sure you keep the care packages going out to him, it will mean the world to him. If you can send extras in his care packages for the men who won't get any. They always share with each other. Pictures and videos of the baby's progress will be special also. Most importantly, keep your chin up and hug each other. As a family you can get through anything.