Old 10-11-2010, 04:02 PM
bearisgray
Power Poster

20) There is a learning curve. One makes mistakes. Most of them can be fixed. Some of them really aren't worth the effort to try to salvage. Remember - we are only cutting fabric, batting, and thread! this is not brain surgery!

21) Some days every thing seems to go wrong. I have no idea why. The day before everything seemed to be going okay - as far as I know, no one touched the machine or hid the rotary cutters or ran off with the thread or stacked the pieces wrong since yesterday. But the machine is acting up, can't locate the rotary cutter, the pieces are going together wrong, etc. etc.

If possible, leave it and come back to it later. Sometimes an AHA! moment occurs in the meantime and one can solve the problem.

22) Fabric buying advice: (This is mixed)

a) The odds are good that more will be manufactured and available in the near future.

b) New prints and colors will probably be available in the future.

c) The one print that you have absolutely fallen in love with will not be available next week. Buy it when you can - there are some lines that seem to have very limited runs - Alexander Henry is one of them.

d) I think I have very reluctantly come to the conclusion that buying a lot of fabrics "on sale" - and not using them - is not very economical in the long run. (Not that this will stop me from buying more fabric in the future :? )