Old 10-11-2010, 05:32 PM
tuppka

Yes. And guess what I just found out... it's riveted to the faceplate. So in order to get the thread guard, what I'll really need is the whole faceplate, right?
Oh, and dig this! I just lost the tiniest screw I've ever seen in my life. (Well, I didn't lose it, but he feels so bad about this, I won't mention who really lost it.) ;-)
This is going to be hard to describe. I had to remove the presser foot bar. So I undid the top thumb screw and removed the washer & spring. Then, I unscrewed the grub screw and removed the presser bar leaving behind the "thingy" the grub screw was screwed into. On the backside where the lifter bar jutted out, I saw a small screw in the "thingy". So I removed it in order to remove the "thingy". It is that small screw that is now MIA. I'm looking at my Parts List and the closest item that describes the "thingy" is a Presser Bar Spring Bracket (8226). It has 2 screws in it. It's the smallest screw that is now missing. (And why in the world would they have a screw in that location?! It doesn't appear to serve any purpose.) Please pardon my ignorance.
This was a great little machine...until I started to take it apart. ha-ha