Old 10-11-2010, 06:48 PM
sandpat
Power Poster

This was a tough week for me.

H10- This one is a straight forward pp or regular piecing until you bet to those hourglasses in the corners. In hindsite, I would have redrawn the pp pattern for this block to make the corners easier.

G8- You have a choice to make here as you can sew all the diamonds together, then either applique the entire star to a background square, or you can sew the set in and Y seams. Believe it or not, I elected to sew the set in and Y seams. I must be getting a little bit better or at least more comfortable with them.

G12-This one is kind of complicated, but I think really pretty. I chose to PP the background, then I back basted the little triangles (which are black on mine). After I appliqued those, I laid the entire top piece on top of those and appliqued it down.

G13- I just rotary cut the background and sewed a 9 patch. But when sewing it together I tucked the little curves into the seams. I made the curves with a freezer paper pattern. After sewing the 9 patch together, I sewed the outside of the curves down.

LS-12 This actually looks much harder than it is if you take your time. Don't try to do this one in a hurry. Again, I extended the lines on the top to avoid having to applique the diamonds on the top. I broke the triangle into lots of 10 units. Once I got all the units sewn together...build it from the bottom up and its possible to do it without a single Y seam.

week 42
[ATTACH=CONFIG]109445[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-109440.jpe