View Single Post
Old 10-12-2010, 03:01 AM
ktbb

I'm discouraged to keep hearing folks say "I'm so stupid" or "I'm computer challenged", "my points don't match", etc. When will we start taking care of ourself by acknowledging the good things and not advertising the negatives? Sure, some of us may not be as knowledgeable around the computer..but that doesn't make you stupid, it just makes you less knowledgeable! None of us on the board are stupid because we know enough to get on the board in the first place.

Years ago a book was published (which I never read) but the title was wonderful: "All You can do is all you can do, but all you can do is enough". What I took from it is that we all have things we can and things we can't do...but what we can do is enough to get us thru the current situation and to the next level of learning.

I challenge you all to avoid the "I can't.." syndrome and the other negative statements about your self, and turn them into positive statements like: "I want to learn more about...", or "my next challenge is..., or "can you help me with...".

It's OK to say you need help, and you already know that others on the board are willing to help, but why help someone who keeps saying that they are "stupid" because, as I was taught, stupid people can't learn, uneducated people can learn.

We quilters are an amazing group of people, and I think it's because we're not stupid and because we are willing to ask for help and a way to learn.

Have a good day, and hope I haven't offended anyone.