Old 10-12-2010, 03:42 AM
grann of 6

Originally Posted by memathomas
i am so grateful the board is here you are all right!! and im just am afraid to over charge i am a checken at hart LOL i guess i know what sticker shock is

the 3 quilts are from the top to quilting them so i will charge 15.00 for the batting and the backing im not sure what she wants i may have her buy that herself
OK i get it now i will stand fast if she wants them ok if she doesn't thats OK too!!
Just watch that letting her buy the batting. If you tell her what kind to get okay, but she may buy something that you can't work with. I sew for people and many times they bring me inappropriate fabric for the pattern they have chosen. I always supply the thread because I don't like working with cheap thread. And if something calls for a lining I will usually buy the lining so I get quality. If I buy some of the supplies I tack that price onto the final cost. Also, I sometimes give a price window, and tell them if it takes me less time it will be at the lower end of the window. $300 sounds low to me, but I don't know what kind of quilt you are making. Good luck with it!!