View Single Post
Old 10-12-2010, 11:07 AM
grann of 6

Originally Posted by donnaree59
I'm sure this is good for a laugh, but it is driving me crazy! I have a 4 pound Yorkie. She is a 2 1/2 years old and is FULL of energy. I got her right before I had to have surgery and much of my time was spent in "my chair". She learned very quickly to fetch back a toy, but she WILL NOT bring it all the way to me. Evidently when she was little, she would bring it close enough for me to lasso with my cane and I'll pull it up to me with that. That is the only thing I can think of... Anyway, it is driving me crazy now! She brings the toy within 2 feet of my reach and will not give it to me. Any suggestions on what to do? I'm ready to hide all of her toys!
Lucky you can get her to do that much. I have big dogs, a Great Dane & a Rottie and they won't play ball or fetch. The dane loves stuffed animals, and does the "shaken baby syndrome" on them till the stuffing starts leaking; then it just keeps coming, all over the house. I am trying to teach her to run the vacuum for me but not having too much luck. She does tell me when her "brother" wants in. It becomes a little annoying after a while. She will also tell me when it is suppertime. But other than that no tricks. I would suggest holding out a treat till she gets closer, then reward her for that. Keep working till she gets it to you and then praise her like crazy and give her a treat. Eventually you should be able to do it without the treats.