View Single Post
Old 09-03-2008, 05:35 AM
Quilting Aggi

Originally Posted by KellyPA
These are my humble opinions on the price of these.....

Sometimes we forget that not everyone can do what we do. My neighbor has purchased some pretty, but very easy to make ornaments at crafts for a good amount of money and when I asked her if she wanted me to teach her how to make the ornaments she said, she didn't want to learn and she would rather pay for them. So even though we would never pay $20 for these, doesn't mean that there aren't many out there that will. I'm willing to bet if you use the right fabrics, someone, even at a craft show will spend $20 on it. In fact I have spent years trying to find something I could make that would be inexpensive and easy to make and would sell for a good price....I think these women have finally found it! How often do we invest 10 hours into a project only have to someone say that will give us $25 for it. Crafting is a hard business. People want amazing hand-made things, but a fair price. These ornaments, however, look amazing and they look very time consuming. I would be interested to see how long they take to make. In the end $20 may end up being a fair price. Like everything something is worth only what someone will pay for it! So if they get buyers at $20, good for them! Hope you have a great craft show!!!! I'm sure we all want to hear what you charge for them and how many you sell! I wish you all the best!!!!!

Hugs!
Kelly you make some very valid points there.. You are right... to us it seems alot, but to many who don't do what we do they don't mind spending the $20 for a beautiful ornament.
I guess those of us that quilt and craft go to these fairs (I am a culprit of this) see something, look at the price and go OMG they are charging HOW much for this!! geez I can make this for cheaper!!!
Kelly you are very right.