View Single Post
Old 10-12-2010, 02:42 PM
emmamarie

Originally Posted by june6995
i bought my Bailey 3 years ago at the age of 73. I chose the 13" arm partly because of cost and the possible years of usage I would have. Had I been 40 I would have gone larger, but they were not making the 17" at that time.

You order from the Bailey company and I would assume you have already been there to get information. It is delivered via UPS or FedX and the machine is ready to set on the trolley to sew. On the other hand, Grace company sends the frame. in pieces needing lots of assembly. Because of the price, you cannot expect them to come set it up for you. If you are willing to pay several thousand more, you can get all that service. Some have said it takes about 10 hours to assemble. My husband is handy and did it about 8 hours.

If you have not been to the Bailey site, you are missing part of what you need to know in making a decision to purchase this or any other machine. Do not rely on what others say. Get the facts. It is your responsibility to know!

June in Cincinnati
so glad to hear from you.I am looking at a used 13 inch bailey tomorrow.I am so happy!!! I am 74 and hope to use it for a long time.