View Single Post
Old 09-03-2008, 07:19 AM
Quilting Aggi

ooooooooooh I just made this AWESOME new recipe for Trevor's birthday party last week and everyone gobbled it up and it was soooooooooooo yummy!!!

You will need the following:

1 small round brie cheese
3 sheets of phyllo pastry
1 barlett pear
1 tsp of thyme
2 Tbsp of a gourmet jam/jelly (I used a peach and ice wine jam) (I got it from Sobeys grocery store.. but those are here in Canada.. Atlantic Canada in fact)
Extra Light Virgin Olive Oil

Remove the skin of the pear and cut your pear into thin slices. ooh and remove the core.
Saute the pear on the stove for a few minutes until it begins to caramelize. Only takes a couple minutes. Sprinkle the thyme over the pears and saute a few more minutes.
Remove from heat and set aside

To prepare the phyllo, take one sheet at a time and rub some of the virgin oil over the top of the first sheet. Place the second sheet over the first and rub a bit of oil over it. do the same thing with the final sheet of phyllo. Next place the brie cheese in the centre of the phyllo sheets. Spoon the pear mixture on top of the brie, then spoon the jelly/jam over the pears.

Draw up the four corners of the phyllo pasty and gently wrap up the brie cheese. rub a little more oil on the outside of the phyllo as that will allow it to brown nice and golden

Place the brie and phyllo wrap in the centre of a round baking stone and bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees or until nice and golden brown.

For presentation, when I made this I found a pretty plate, placed the brie in the middle and added nice fancy crackers around the edge leaving one side of the plate empty of crackers. I then made a little slice into the brie and phyllo wrap to allow the melted cheese and pears to ooooze out... It was sooooooooooooooooooo Yummy!!