Old 10-13-2010, 12:12 AM
Quiltforme

I have always stitched in the ditch because I was afraid of my machine. Well since I am getting a gracie frame I need to know what I am doing right?? So I sat down yesterday only to find I "lost" my foot. It was found right in front of me. I think I was just trying to put off the FMQ. I am making a quilt for my neighbors boy he just turned 3 and since he cannot be a critic I thought it was time! my quilt is a Disney Cars with Mater and Lightning McQueen. I started easy with the sky just doing a what ever pattern meaning wherever my hands went the machine went. It looked good not perfect but I liked it. Then I started on Mater. He is the rusted old tow truck and Ladies let me tell you I LOVE how he turned out. I just meandered him all around it looks like movement. The tires I did circles and in the shading I added my own style. I decided I was going to be the artist my mom is and use the thread as my paint brush and when you get into that mindset it is amazing what you can do. I will probably keep this and make another one since my son wants one too. I just LOVE IT!! I will post pictures once I finish the rest of the quilt I just wanted to let you know that once you give up the perfection side of quilting it is amazing what you can do!!! Take care and I need to go to bed!