View Single Post
Old 07-20-2007, 03:49 PM
Jane Sisk

What a great idea. I feel like everyone on here is a friend and I love to read all the postings. I live in Tucson, Arizona.

I am 65 years old and disabled with back injuries, can still walk, thank God. I started sewing as a teenager, making my own clothes, we were so poor, couldnt buy store bought. My granny lived with us and she quilted all the time. I have 3 of her quilts made in the 40's and 50s. I quit sewing when I started working after my husband and I seperated. I have 3 grown sons, 45, 43, 37 and three wonderful grandchildren, 2b, 1gr .

Last November I had to have a knee replaced, quite a long recovery, My dil decided I should start quilting, for some reason I had always be terrified of trying to quilt. They wouldn't take no for an answer and turned up at my house with beginning supplies. I jumped in with both feet and started in. My first effort was a split rail queen size and today it graces my bed. I was hooked, haven't stopped since. Made 3 king size quilts for each son, queen for granddaughter,twin for grandson, .oueen for 2 dear friends, a couch throw, a twin for my x husband who is in a home for mentally ill. I guess you can say I am hooked, moved to a larger apartment so I would have a second bedroom to quilt in. Most of my time is spent in there, happy as a clam. When I am not quilting I seem to be on the computer looking to see what everyone else is doing. I have posted several pictures if you want to look them up.

Jane Sisk