View Single Post
Old 09-04-2008, 04:16 AM
Quilting Aggi

Originally Posted by chairjogger
quilting aggie,
I am NOT a vendor. I am a person with parkinson's.. I go to as many quilt shows for vendors. I ran across a vendor that has thick plastic one half the size of game playing cards, hexigon size, can deflect a hand sewing needle cheat for the "Grandmother's garden" style quilting. I will post a site. I have 3 sepparate quilts now.. I did find I need to square off the design. The sawtooth edging in the picture is very difficult for me to bind.

Quilt Patis by a woman in the German Villiage area of Columbus Ohio. She has multiple size. I used one and one half inch side dimension for the quilt example. If you are doing one for a bed or throw, I suggest that size. they come 40 at cost of 17 or 18 dollars and is it suggested to by two packs.. try it. then but another is you like. Google and she is there.

Good luck.. I Swear by these for my shaking hands !!
Ellen
Chairjogger thanks for the tip!!! looks like those hexagons worked very well for you. Your quilt is gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!!
I think though I might stick to printing off the hexagons here online and past them to some old file folders I have here in my office. I will be recycling at the same time!! :) Right now I am also saving saving saving as this may be a very busy and pricey few months ahead of me. Between making and buying Christmas gifts and possibly buying a house!!! Not to mention Trevor and I are hoping to take a little long weekend getaway this month or next to the west coast of the island... Thanks for your suggestion all the same!!! :)