Thread: Junky bobbins
View Single Post
Old 10-14-2010, 02:36 AM
leatheflea

I use an older model singer to quilt with. In the last few months I've been expanding my sewing and have needed more bobbins. Bought the singer brand, they catch and tug on the thread causing puckers. I know singer has went down hill in the last few years the machine arent the quality that they used to be, but they cant even get a bobbin right. So I went to joanns and bought another brand only to find that they too do the same thing. I can tell when I take them out of the package that they are lighter wieght and don't feel as smooth as my older bobbins. Any one else have this problem. Right now I have 3 bobbins that will not catch in my machine. So when I change color I take an old bobbin and wind the thread to a new bobbin so I can use the old bobbin. Very time consuming and frustrating. I've even tried smoothing out the new bobbins with fine sand paper. Cleaned and oiled machine thinking that was the problem. I tried plactic bobbins. Yesterday I just wanted to take a hammer to the darn machine. I have a new embroidery machine but I dont like using it for basic sewing. You know putting alot of milage on it may cause shop time and money. Up for suggestions. Thanks so much for any help.