Old 10-14-2010, 05:06 AM
Twilliebee

Originally Posted by kriscraft99
I love going to thrift stores to look for mens cotton shirts. Sometimes I cannot find cotton ginghams at the fabric stores ~ and sure thing... I go to a thrift store and they have quite a few every time! Button down shirts at my favorite thrift store are only $1. A mans shirt has a good bit of fabric in it for $1...

I was looking for some musical note fabric and couldn't find anything I liked ~ I checked the womens button down shirts and they had one! I was so happy :)

I was just curious if anyone else does the same thing. I'm always on the prowl for a unique cotton fabric.
I go often. A couple of the local shops have 'bag day' once a month. Fill a plastic shopping bag for $3 or a garbage bag (!) for $6. On those days I go in and stuff everything cotton into the bag!
I also look for bedskirts. Lot's of times the platform part is cheap polyester, but the 'drop' is 100% cotton, and they sure don't get any wear. There's an enormous amount of fabric in one. Sometimes pillowcases are good too. Top sheets are often good, too.
One of the shops I go to puts everything in big bins. I play a game now where I close my eyes, dig in and feel for cotton. I'm getting more 'wins' all the time, but there are some good cotton/poly blends that fool me.
Happy Hunting!!