View Single Post
Old 10-14-2010, 08:32 AM
Gwyn

The other quilting I've been concentrating on is between my and vovoa. We are trying a swap called The Bag Lady Quilt Swap. I heard about it through another friend. What you do is gather together fabrics that you like and go well together. Stuff as much as you can into a gallon size ziploc bag and then mail it to your partner. When you receive the fabric from your partner, you make a quilt top using only the fabric in the bag (except, you can add 1 additional fabric if you must)When the tops are finished you mail them back to the original own. The Owner sandwiches and quilts the new quilt. Although this sounds simple, it can be a challenge. Anyhow, here are some pictures of our tops.

Vovoa did a great job on my quilt top. I am so excited to finally et to putting it together and quilting it for a special friend.

Te bright pink and blue quilt isn't quite the right size, but I've run out of Vovoa's fabric. I'm debating about what to do next. It is 17 inches short on length and only 1 inch short on the width. Any ideas how to continue this quilt?

Vovoa's fabric & quilt
[ATTACH=CONFIG]90194[/ATTACH]

Here is the quilt top Vovoa made from my fabric.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]90195[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-90189.jpe   attachment-90190.jpe