Old 10-14-2010, 09:16 AM
Gramof6

Originally Posted by Favorite Fabrics
Originally Posted by bob1414
Here's what I would have done -
I would have emailed the option of a) shipping it for $xxx in one package, or b) shipping it for $xxx in 2 packages to save shipping costs.

Rather than leave en email open-ended, I would have said, "If I don't have a reply from you in ___days, I will ship in one package at $xxx dollars.

To me, this gives the purchaser the option BUT you have set a limit on how long you would wait for a reply...
When we e-mailed her (twice) we did tell her the two shipping options and the costs, and in the second e-mail we told her that if we didn't hear from her by a specific date we would send her the fabric in two packages.

To send it all in one package would have cost more than what she originally agreed to, and to charge her an extra $15 without her permission would have been even more wrong IMHO. Doing that could get us in trouble with our credit card processor as well.

(sigh)

Next time we'll just cancel in the case of an uncommunicative buyer.

And then we'll get an angry e-mail for not shipping!

No way to win...
I want to Thank You for trying to find a way to handle this situation and to keep from any further issues like this. You rock! I think you did what can be done. The Purchaser needs to take some responsability. Uhhh Answering emails would be a huge step. Realizing the costs for shipping & your trying to save her the $$$ since she refused to acknowledge your contacting her IMHO takes the heat off of you & onto the purchasers shoulders. You can only do so much. If they refuse to acknowledge you trying to get hold of them, oh well. I just feel that you run a successful business & it hurts me that you are going through this. But? There is always somweone that cannot be pleased.

I am thrilled with the quality & service you offer. Just 20 minutes ago, I recieved my order & I do love every bit of it!!! If this person is unhappy, they better hope they do not order from some places that I have! OMG you would not believe the Customer Service of some Companies. Please Nancy stop beating yourself up over this. Let it roll off your back and move on. {{{{{HUGE HUGS}}}}}