Old 10-14-2010, 09:34 AM
MaggieLou

Actually, I would guess that international business is about 10% of our sales and it's definitely worth the hassle. We enjoy the contact with folks all around the world, and the broken-English e-mails we get always make us smile (with delight and whimsy). There's a big map of the world on our wall and we just love to put another push-pin into it when we ship to a place we've never shipped before. We've had pictures of the beautiful scenery in Iceland e-mailed to us and words of support and concern on 9/11, the day of our tragedy.

Yes, way more joy than headaches. Wouldn't trade it away! It opens our eyes and opens our hearts and opens a window to parts of the world that we'll never get to visit.

(How else would we ever come to learn that sheep in New Zealand have *really* curly horns, or that "chook" means chicken in Australia? Or that there's a whole society of penguin fanciers in Japan?)

:)[/quote]

We did the same thing when we had our business. I had a big map I put push pins in when we shipped internationally. It's a hassle sometimes but not that much once you understand the process. The fun part comes when you're shipping hazmat internationally. :-)

We also got to meet some interesting people. It was fun.