View Single Post
Old 09-04-2008, 10:12 AM
Janeen
Banned

Speaking of jerry-rigging..... there's no instructions in the Grace book or the Bailey info ANYWHERE about using pantograms....
so...... there is a row of holes on the table about halfway across but no mention of what they are for - so being the enterprising folks we are... :lol:
we got 3 wallyworld yardsticks (50 cents each) - cut 9 inches off one of them, marked where the holes on the table are onto the yardsticks, drilled holes in the yardsticks, put clear vinyl down, put the yardsticks on, stuck bolts through the holes and fastened it down - now the yardsticks are holding the vinyl and we have a place for pantograms....
I'm sure there's a $$kit$$ available that does essentially the same thing :D

as for the batting - right now I'm using a roll of 48" batting that's easy to maneuver - and it's just sitting on the floor... I'm still deciding about whether I want to put anything across the front to hold batting...

make sure you leave room to walk around at least one end of the frame - you'll be moving back to front to back a lot...

oh yeah, I got some 'industrial' strength velcro and put on the foot pedal and fastened it at the back of the machine and you can run it by thumb (the Bailey handles are set up and can be moved front or back but for a quick something it's nice to have the 'pedal' where it can be reached - plus it has to "be somewhere". The frame has some elaborate stuff for using the footpedal on top of the frame .... we bypassed that, and there's a thing for the cone thread - we don't need that because the Bailey has a thread place for cones.

The light you see is just a clamp on light from wallyworld and we used a spiral 40 watt bulb so it doesn't get hot - lesson learned right here on this board about being careful around light bulbs! :!:

There are screw holes in the Bailey frame platform but no mention if that's to fasten it someplace or what. There's also a place for the "laser light" (from the dollar tree it looks like - but it works) - that was too short for the frame so we moved it back by buying a different bolt and wingnut...