View Single Post
Old 09-04-2008, 10:45 AM
Janeen
Banned

1. one set of handles comes with the Bailey - it just pulls off a piece of pvc pipe and can stick on the needle end or motor end... this handle has an on/off button, a button that works like a foot pedal (the harder you press the faster it goes), and a speed dial - which works in conjuntion with the on/off button.
And yes, there is a regular foot pedal - it is a regular machine that has been 'stretched' - Mr. Bailey has a machine shop that makes the parts he needs and then he 'builds the 13 or 15 inch machines from a basic machine.

2. I researched! :!: :shock:
I've seen longarm machine setups, I've seen the new joy frame setup with a 9" machine, and I watched videos at you tube...Penny somebody - her name escapes me right now - just type longarm quilting in the search place. Do not attempt to watch those videos on dial-up connection. I've gone to longarm sites and watched their videos. I printed out all kinds of information from here, there and everywhere.

3. You DO have to have a basic knowledge of sewing machines - I've managed to break the thread and get a 'nest' a few times already and had to take the bobbin race apart to get it undone :evil: ... not hard - just irritating LOL

4. I'M VERY happy with the stitch quality - no "ladders"....

This is just one of those things that you have to pay attention to what you are doing - at least I do right now at the beginning of the learning curve - I'm sure (hoping) it will get easier and quicker with time.

Nothing has been difficult or hard or impossible or irritating etc...