View Single Post
Old 10-14-2010, 09:22 PM
imak

Originally Posted by FabricHappy
Wow, I love all the tips being shared here. Here's my "2cents" to add(haha): 1.a pencil box to store my rotary cutter in 2.Gerber plastic tubs to store pins,beads,embellishments,etc in. 3.bamboo skewer poke corners out. 4.antique school desk for my sewing machine. 5.terrycloth ponytail holders on my bobbins. 6.shoe boxes & gift shirt boxes for storing fabric scraps & strips. 7.flannel-backed vinyl tablecloth from dollar store for quilt layouts. 8.empty Hershey's cocoa powder container/coffeemug/coffee can for pens,pencils,markers,etc..9.large empty cereal boxes, trimmed, to hold quilt magazines. 10.Love to use heart-shaped candy boxes from Valentine's Day for heart templates.............Well, there you have it...some of my uses of nonquilting items, put to use for my quilting habit:)...:)
I also have been loving this thread! Don't know if it will help anyone but I use a large soda bottle to fill my iron--no spills. On a thread the other day it was mentioned that some were waiting for DH to make larger board ironing surface---like ME. I have been turning my board around and using it (backwards), get a larger surface and can still use small end to hold iron--or use table next to it. I also have a rectangular board that turns and my large cutting mat fits on it, by putting it on the ironing board it is just the right height to cut and I can cut all around it without moving my material.
Have fun and take care Imak