View Single Post
Old 09-04-2008, 06:54 PM
mamatobugboo

Originally Posted by kanoelani
sewnsewer2,

First let me say that your granddaughters are the luckiest little girls to have a grandmother like you. My grandmother made my daughter a quilt when she was born and it was much loved (to the point where I had to put it away so my dear daughter would have it when she grew up). Can I suggest more quilts might be in order? In the past girls growing up had "Hope Chests" filled with wonderful things they could use in their adult life.

My mother has two quilts from her grandmother that are carefully stored in her linen closet. I hope that someday I will be the lucky daughter who inherits them. If I am the lucky one, they won't be in the closet, but used as a focal point for decoration in one of my bedrooms.

My two cents, for what it is worth, Kanoelani
wow, what a great idea to make things for their future, instead of for them to use now. I can only imagine how treasured those items will be as they grow older, and then their children will enjoy them and treasure those items. I have a few things from my grandmother after she died and they are some of my favorite things (although, unfortunately, she didn't quilt so no quilts!)!