Thread: Christmas gifts
View Single Post
Old 10-15-2010, 05:54 AM
twinkie
Power Poster

Here are some of the cosmetic bags I made for Christmas last year. They are easy. I usually make the rectangles 8" x 10". I take the lining rectangle and center a piece of batting on the wrong side of it, 1/2" smaller (7" x 9") than the rectangle. I pin it in the middle. Take a strip of 1/2" velcro, 6" long. Put one piece of the velcro in the center of the rectangle's right side, 1" down from the raw edge. You are also catching the batting on the wrong side of this rectangle. I just sew all around the velcro at the edge. I made the front rectangle by sewing strips together. Place the outside fabric and the lining fabric right sides together. Sew the two together on the wrong side of the
fabric. Then turn right side out. Fold in half (right sides together) being careful to match the top of the bag so that both sides of the top are even with one another. Starting at the opening of the bag at the top, stitch together ending with the fold. Take pinking shears and trim the inside seam. Turn inside out so the lining is now on the inside. Make sure your inside at the fold are pushed out to a point. Your velcro should match together and you have your little bag.

Cosmetic Bag open
[ATTACH=CONFIG]108160[/ATTACH]

A few of the cosmetic bags I made
[ATTACH=CONFIG]108161[/ATTACH]

A few more
[ATTACH=CONFIG]108162[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-108155.jpe   attachment-108156.jpe   attachment-108157.jpe