Old 10-15-2010, 07:19 AM
Phyl

Originally Posted by Favorite Fabrics
It was ten days from when she placed her order to when we shipped it. We don't like to "hold" fabrics more than a week, figuring that a week generally is plenty of time in which to reply. (How long is long enough to wait? Another good question.)

Though... we do hold partial orders longer for international customers if we're waiting for a backordered item to come in... *and* if we've been in contact with the customer so they know what to expect.

I, too, would generally prefer to receive the fabric all in one length. And I would have thought that's also what most of our customers would want. But in the vast majority of cases where we've asked what the (international) customer prefers, they say that they'd rather have the less expensive flat-rate envelopes, and they tell us what lengths to cut the fabric according to how they plan to use it.

I would also have thought that our international customers would *always* want to fill up the envelope to capacity, but have found that customers in certain countries always keep it below a certain value, to avoid/lessen the fees.
WOW!!! I just went to your business site and....OMG!!! WOW!!!
It is amazzzzzzzzzzzzzing. It clearly states whatever needs to be stated and even gives a space for additional info from the buyer. Well, I HAD to place an order............you twisted my arm...hhmmmmm.....right? I HAD TO DO IT!!! I am overwhelmed in the most pleasant way with your selections for me to pick from. (I'm so delightfully exhausted!)
I did put a limit on for me and I will wait until next month or so to find more fabric ,of course. I find I like buying the fabrics more than I even like to quilt! I have to get people to sew for me! I just started making pillow cases and will be teaching my quilting class how to do that as well. Here's a secret.....making a pillow case uses up a nice bit of fabric so I CAN BUY MORE!!!
You are a VERY responsible, caring owner and it is a pleasure to deal with you. (NOW< please remove yourself from the computer and cut my fabric and send it to me so I can make pillow cases, use up lots of fabric and buy more!!!ONLY KIDDING about telling you to get off the computer! What do you think I am doing for half the morning already?) LOL