Old 10-15-2010, 09:26 AM
mytwopals

Just a few questions regarding your problem.

1. What version of Qbot do you own? Version 1 will be something like 1.31. Version 2 will be either 2.07 or 2.09.
2. Are you copying the design onto the SD Card which came with your Qbot or a new SD Card? If a new SD Card is the correct capacity, you may need to reformat it for Qbot to be able to read it. Also, if your Qbot is version 1, you will need to copy a special file to it. Sorry, I don't have the name of the special file with me at the moment. (I'm at work.) But it will be the only file on your original Qbot SD Card without the .4qb extension.
3. If it is a new SD Card, what is the capacity of the SD Card? Qbot version 1 can only read 512mb SD Cards, which are extremely difficult to find. Version 2 can read up to 2Gb SD Cards, which are still available, but also becoming increasingly difficult to find. Anything larger than these sizes and you'll need a different SD Card. Smaller than these sizes is fine.
4. Are you copying a design in the .plt or .4qb format? Qbot will only read these 2 formats. It cannot read designs for Statler Stitcher (.qli) or other quilting robots. If the design is in a different format, you'll need to convert it to one of these with the 4D Quilt Design Creator software for Qbot.
5. Are you copying the file into a directory on the SD Card or at the drive level. The Qbot can not navigate directories and will only recognize .plt or .4qb files at the drive level. (i.e. D:\)

I hope this helps.