View Single Post
Old 10-15-2010, 09:36 AM
drgranny

When I was looking to buy a LA I looked at every brand machine I could find on the internet. Then a LQS started selling TinLizzie. My DH and I went in and tested one and looked over what bells and whistles came with it. It was on sale for $6,000 including frame and stitch regulator. We sort of decided to keep looking. Then I found the Inova. I read every thing about the company and decided that was the one I wanted. The company makes machines for quilting factories and is family owned, 3rd generation now. There is always someone on the other end of a phone to help you with any problems. The company is in Texas. You can google Quiltfrog.com and find out about this machine and the
TinLizzie and Nolting. So I bought my machine sight unseen and hadn't test driven it. It is a wonderful machine. But remember that the more bells and whistles the more $$$ you need. The couching feature is pretty pricey. My new frame has the 4 bars and my husband is putting a motor on it so that all I have to do is push a button for the quilt to roll. That feature is pricey also. My husband likes to improve things on his own. When we first decided to buy he got in a hurry and bought a frame from another company and set it up and modified it several times and I still didn't like it. Hence the new frame. Buy the best frame for you and your machine. So there is lots to think of when you decide to buy. linda