View Single Post
Old 10-15-2010, 10:07 AM
bonniebusybee

Instead of brushes, I use an empty (well-cleaned) Avon lotion squeeze bottle with a small hole in the lid to blow lint from the bobbin areas, etc., on my machines.

Surgical gloves from any pharmacy or drug store are great to wear while quilting instead of picking up "pullers" to pull the needle through; they also help the pain from arthritic hands! I tape my thimble to the outside of the finger.

My sewing room is furnished with chests from an old bedroom set, and I stacked the bookcase headboard on top of a long chest. Fabric on bolts can stand on end against the side pieces; smaller fabric is folded and stacked on chest top between them. The sliding doors above hide ribbon bolts and bagged items; rotary blades in eyeglass cases, etc. What a space saver!

I hang my cone thread holder from the long-armed light over my quilting frame, and put my quilting thread on it, threaded down through the hole in the base. Never have to hunt for the spool or a loose end to thread my needles. It's always right there, hanging over the quilt.