View Single Post
Old 09-05-2008, 03:01 AM
Quilting Aggi

Originally Posted by Granny Cat
this looks like a huge project to me...I'm already over whelmed how about you Aggi?...it looks like one of those kinds of quilts that I would work on in between my other projects like maybe a winter time project only because it looks like alot of hand work to me.... :shock:
Nope not overwhelmed at all... I read over all the links everyone here shared and chose the best pattern to go with. I have my hexagons already printed off. I will cut them out over the weekend and get them pasted to old file folders I have lying around in my office. I pulled the fabrics from my stash last night I want to use in this quilt. I just need to prewash them and have them ready. I am going to take a little run down to Michaels this evening after work as I want to pick up one of those clear plastic 12 x 12 containers used with scrapbookers (I'm one of those too )!! That container will be my garden quilt. I chose a beautiful black fabric with tiny soft rose coloured flowers. I am going to call mine "The Victorian Garden" as the colours I chose I feel have a real Victorian feel to it. I will add a small journal to my container to see how many hours I clock into this project for however long it takes me!!! I can't WAIT to start!

I'll be able to take this project with me to classes when I teach. While my students are working away on their projects, I have a little hand project to work on!!! I teach twice a week, so that's 6 hours a week there to be working on them!!!

oooh and did I mention I have two bottles of red wine at home!!! hee hee.. I'll pick me up some chocolate along the way and then I'll be all set!!! :)