Old 10-15-2010, 12:26 PM
G'ma Kay

I had a brainstorm, or maybe just a drizzle.... anyway we are having a family gathering on Saturday. As I lay on the couch dreading having to clean, looking at the cobwebs in the 16 foot section of the ceiling, I procrastinated yet one more day. While lying awake, not sleeping due to arthritis in my ankle, I thought.....why not roll up a gym sock, terry cloth part on the outside, and just pitch it at the ceiling. So next day I tried it. With my dh laughing his a-- off, I pitched and pitched until I had it all free of at least all the webs I could see. It did take me about 30 minutes, as I had to practice my aim a little, but I did get a bonus aerobic workout, retrieving the sock every time. The sock isn't heavy enough to damage anything it hits, so no broken lamps or mirrors. My dd thinks I'm a genius. I shared this idea with her and she had the neighborhood kids over along with my dgks and got hers done in about 10 minutes. Just thought I would share this with anyone who hates ladders as much as I do.