View Single Post
Old 10-15-2010, 11:27 PM
irenecarter

I finished a quilt top for one of my five children and still have 4 to go. The problem is, I put it on the bed (king size) and it looks ok, but when I try to fold it up it's not square. I asked some ladies at the quilting guild what I should do and got different answers, but one said that if it looked ok on the bed to just leave it. To fix it I will have to take it completely apart since I tried to square up the blocks not realizing that doing so wasn't right since they aren't square to start with. If you think I need to post a picture I will, but I'm ashamed that I made such a gruesome mistake.
I've been sewing for over fifty years but this is the first quilt top that I have finished, although I have two others started. I didn't have a pattern and thought that a log cabin would be so easy since it looked like that it was just a matter of sewing strips on each side. I didn't start out with the right size square, and they turned out to be longer then they were wide, and when I turned them to make the pattern that I wanted, well you see my predicament. Yes, the seams match and the pattern looks good on the bed, but it's not square. So what would you do. I sure hate to take it all apart and start over since it's so close to Xmas and I have so much to do. Any suggestions on how to make this work?