View Single Post
Old 10-16-2010, 03:24 AM
dgmoby

Originally Posted by SNUGQUILT
I haven't actually used this yet, but since I'm in the midst of redoing my sewing room....I asked my DH for a peg board, but he didn't think I'd be happy with it (pegs coming out, etc.)...he suggested just penny nails in the wall...my idea...cover a board (any size you want) with fabric, THEN put the nails in that...much prettier, and sill EXTREMELY useful...I'm thinking my tools, patterns, thangle packages, endless possibilities! :)
Some people don't like the look of a pegboard, but I LOVE mine :)

I use it so much, that I expanded the one 2'x4' area to fill an entire wall - more like a LQS. Having a small room that holds a lot, including a longarm, makes it invaluable. My large one holds patterns, all my longarming templates, rulers and tools, rolls of paper/interfacing, all large spools of thread (about 200), oil, and a multitude of other things. I have have some of the very long pegs put across the top, with acrylic sheets on them for shelves. Then I placed some magazine holders with my magazines I wanted to keep, and covered boxes to hold zippers, buttons, extra marking pens/pencils, and other things that are small. I adore my pegboard! Liking that one pegboard wall so much, I created an additional pegboard space near my cutting table for all those tools (rotary cutters, scissors, etc.) and other supplies that hang up. 'It's a good thing,' as Martha says :)

Debbie in Austin