Old 10-16-2010, 07:57 AM
stefanib123

I've posted this before on several threads, but I will go ahead and post it here again.

My Walmart never lost its fabric. It has a great selection of fabric, A.E. Nathan, David Textiles, etc. A couple years ago they done what they called a "reset" remodel. This was when a lot of stores lost their fabrics. Before the remodel they had TONS of great stuff, they even sold the Grace frames right in the store.

After the remodel, they turned the crafts into "party" type stuff, "celebrations" I think is what they called it. At that time, they moved the fabric stuff to a smaller corner, but they still had a good selection of fabric.

Right now, they still carry almost a full aisle of cotton,a few half aisles of decorator type material, lots of batting, including Warm and WHite and Warm and Natural. They have less notions that before, though. They still have a fair selection of most common notions, though such as rulers, at least on of each of the "major" sizes, 6 or 7 sizes of cutting mats, a decent selection of thread,needles, pins,etc. too. They have a great selction of interfacings, such as pellon, heat and bond, etc.

They still have a lot of patterns,too. and the "Big book" to ordeer all of them.

I have to say I think I'm very lucky where Walmart is concerned! I have another WM that I go to sometimes, about 20 minutes away, and its pitiful. They have a FEW, and I mean FEW of those crappy precut kits, like a ragdoll, and an apron and pillowcases. They have a couple of notions, like about 2 or 3 bags of batting, and some pins. Thats it. I couldn't believe it! It was terrible!

If I go there today, I will take some pics for you. The pics can tell you better than I can.

I am one of "those" people that does rely on Walmart to afford to do this hobby. If I had to shop at LQS's only, I'd have to quit or find fabric in shirts, etc.

I've emailed several companies that sell fabric and as soon as they answer me, I will post the results here.