Thread: PIF
View Single Post
Old 10-16-2010, 08:43 AM
Mary M

I too think the concept of PIF works as you see it. There is nothing more satisfying to me then to give to another person and just enjoy the pleasure of giving.True, receiving has it own pleasure, but we lift our hearts by giving. Sew many good people on this forum. It makes me feel sewwwwwwwwwww good to hear about the generosity of all who PIF. Today I received a box full of beautiful batik strips from a quilting buddy and I have such a wonderful feeling of feeling special. I grew up in a family of 8 kids and learned there wasn't always enough to go around and then I raised 4 kids which took a lot of giving. As I get older and older I see how much this PIF works not only as a giver but also as being special enough to receive something. Hugs to all you specia people. Mary M
Originally Posted by ckcowl
i have noticed some people seem to say they are paying it forward and yet they complain when they do not receive kudo's they seem to think they should be getting. i kind of believe that you should not expect anything in return, give and move forward, don't spend your time looking back for a pat on the back. it is supposed to be going forward, not backward.