View Single Post
Old 10-16-2010, 03:53 PM
KarylMc

I'm ready to upgrade my current machine (a Kenmore that has been a true workhorse for me--many draperies, small upholstery projects, kid's costumes and clothing adjustments...but can't free motion worth a hoot.) So I've been looking at machines that can and that offer a longer throat than mine.
I 'drove' a Gammill and a couple of Noltings at a recent quilt show, and though I would dearly dearly love one (or a Tin Lizzie!) , it really isn't practical for me. And really more than is reasonable to spend, since it would be only for personal use...

Anyway, I tested a Janome Horizon yesterday. Liked it very much, until today, when I spent some time on the Husqvarna Viking Ruby.

WOW.

I could do so much on that machine! My poor pitiful beginner FMQ didn't look half bad and I was able to guide it without feeling a struggle to pull/push. My stitches were pretty even (not as perfectly even as on the long arms with stitch regulators, but not bad for a first time try on that machine!)

My questions to you all are:
Does anyone have one, and what do you think of it?
Any tips or other suggestions for me?

I really like the look of FMQ and want to do my own work, rather than send it out for someone else to quilt it for me. I need a machine that allows me to do it all! (everyone's dream?!)

Comments?
Thanks ahead of time!